- This work of the land surveyor Desnos is a collection of 18 maps covering the archdiocese of Paris for use by the clergy. Each map contains historical and topographical descriptions relating to the area it shows.
The place-names and names of buildings in the alphabetical index, which is attached to each of the maps, are followed by abbreviations for abbey, priory, chapel, parish or castle, so that the ecclesiastical buildings of any particular location can be grasped in detail.
- How to View
- You can view the materials in sequence starting from the cover of the volume by clicking on "Title Page" on the left.
- By clicking on the Illustration Captions, each illustration is displayed.
- To return to this list from an illustration or from the text, click on [Table of Contents].
- By clicking on the cover and the Color Image icon on the illustration pages, the page is displayed in color. Returning to the preceding or following pages or returning to the illustration list is only possible from the black-and-white pages. To do so, please click the Black-and-White Image icon on the color illustration.